Do You Think You Have a Gum Infection?

Periodontitis Treatment Can Help Before You Lose Teeth and Bone

Gum Inflammation and Gum Disease Symptoms

If you aren’t brushing at least twice a day with an approved ADA toothpaste and flossing after every meal, you might start to notice your gums begin getting red and irritated. As time goes on, gum inflammation gets worse. This can be a sign of periodontal disease. If it continues without periodontitis treatment, bone loss and tooth loss can occur.

Once we lose our baby teeth, we only get one more set of adult teeth for life. Taking the best care of our pearly whites increases our overall health, including our heart health. Periodontal disease has been linked to heart disease. Taking oral health care seriously could help save your life; it’s not just about your outward appearance.

Stop Gum Disease in its Tracks

Depending upon the severity of periodontal disease, a great dentist like Dr. Derek B. Hauser, DDS, and his three registered dental hygienists can stop gum disease and help regain your oral health and confidence. It all starts with an initial checkup and digital x-rays, to determine how advanced the disease is below the gum line.

Approximately 25-30 percent of your teeth are above the gum line, and the other 65-70 percent can only be seen with x-rays, below the gum line. It’s in your best interest to receive the best care for your dental health by an expert who has been treating gum infection with proper periodontitis treatment for over 20 years.

Gum Infection and Periodontitis Treatment with Professional Teeth Cleaning

Eroding Gum Line with Severe Plaque Buildup Can Cause Gum Infection, Gingivitis and Periodontal Disease. Professional Treatment is Required.

Causes of Gum Disease

After you eat a meal, do you feel a sticky residue on your teeth and gums? It’s often colorless and odorless, but it’s plaque that begins to attach itself to your teeth. Combine plaque with a mouth full of bacteria, mucus, food and beverage “leftovers,” and you’ve got a breeding ground for gum disease.

Millions of people forget or intentionally don’t brush their teeth at least twice a day, thinking periodontal disease happens to “dirty” people who don’t bathe or take care of themselves at all. This is absolutely not true. Bacteria and plaque form regardless of your environmental conditions. The best personal choice to make is brushing and flossing after every single meal to avoid tooth and bone loss.

Inflammation and Swelling of the Gums

If you haven’t had a professional cleaning in a long time, there is a good chance that plaque and tartar has become even more harmful to your oral and physical health. This leads to gingivitis. That means you will be experiencing red gums that are swollen and bleed when you are flossing and brushing. In more severe cases of gingivitis, your gums can bleed without any direct contact.

You should seek professional dental treatment right away, before the condition gets worse. Losing teeth (when you have control over your oral health each day) means you will incur additional costs later on. These options include dental implants, crowns or bridges. Why spend money on advanced dental procedures when all you really need is a professional cleaning two times a year and great, daily oral care?

Other Contributing Risk Factors for Gum Infection

  • Smoking
  • Diabetes
  • Genetics
  • Medications
  • Hormonal Fluctuations in Females
  • Auto Immune Diseases

Additional Signs of Gum Infection and Disease

If you have some or all of these symptoms, Lakefront Family Dentistry highly recommends you make an appointment with Dr. Hauser as soon as possible. We would rather save you money by stopping any infections or disease than recommend alternative replacement options for tooth loss.

Do You Have Any of the Following?

  • Loose teeth
  • Pain when chewing
  • Swollen or red gums
  • Bad breathe that doesn’t go away with flossing, brushing and oral antiseptic
  • Receding gums or teeth that appear longer

These gum infection symptoms could be a sign of a serious oral condition. At Lakefront Family Dentistry, our patients are part of our family. We take your oral health seriously, so please call us at (951) 244-9495 for and ask us any questions or make an appointment to meet with Dr. Derek Hauser, DDS, today.

We Offer Periodontitis Treatment in Riverside County, Including:  Canyon LakeCoronaLake ElsinoreMenifeeMurrieta, Sun CityTemeculaWildomar

Our Patients Rank Dr. Mark Phillipe, DDS, and Dr. Derek Hauser, DDS, as the #1 Private Cosmetic and Family Dentist Practice in the Inland Empire!