Teeth Whitening Solutions Made Simple
Lakefront Family Dentistry Helps Patients Achieve Dramatic Tooth Whitening Results!
There are many products out in today’s market promising dramatic teeth whitening effects. With so many different options, both over the counter and prescription, it’s hard figuring out which ones actually work! Dr. Mark Phillipe, DDS, and Dr. Derek Hauser, DDS, of Lakefront Family Dentistry have helped brighten and whiten the smiles for thousands of patients in Southern California for 30 years.
Look How Amazing Professional Teeth Whitening Can Brighten and Provide Our Happy Patient with a More Youthful Smile
When it comes to your teeth, the number one concern among most people is dental staining, or teeth yellowing. In fact, Americans spend $1.4 billion every year on cosmetic products promising brighter smiles. In a recent study reported by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, 99.7 percent of surveyed respondents said they consider a healthy looking mouth to be an extremely important social benefit.
How to Maintain Pearly Whites
- Brush and floss twice a day
- Brush after consuming stain-causing food and beverages
- Avoid foods high in sugar and acidic content
- Use a soft toothbrush
- Get a professional teeth cleaning at least two times per year
Call (951) 244-9495 to schedule a consultation today and learn how we can help restore your youthful appearance.
What Causes Enamel Staining?
Yellow teeth staining is a problem plaguing millions around the country every day. Generally speaking, if a particular food or drink has the potential to cause staining on white clothing, there’s a good chance they can stain the teeth as well!
What Causes Teeth to Turn Yellow?
- Consumption of Certain Food and Beverages –Foods that have a high acidic content, such as citrus and tomato based items should be consumed in moderation. Beverages such as carbonated drinks, coffee and tea also help accelerate yellow staining.
- Thinning Enamel – When the hard, outermost white dental layer starts thinning, it exposes the underlying layer of dentin, which is naturally yellow. Abrasive toothpaste and brushes intended to help make teeth whiter often destroy the enamel and have an opposite affect on appearance.
- Nicotine and Cigarette Smoke – Smoking tobacco products causes an increase in plaque and tartar build-up. The tartar is a thin, yellow film of bacteria that is responsible for staining and can only be removed using special dental tools.
- Brushing and Oral Hygiene Habits – Most of us already know about the importance of establishing good brushing habits. Most dentists recommend everyone brush at least twice a day for 2 minutes each time using ADA approved toothpastes and brushes. If stain-causing food and drinks are left in the mouth, they will help promote yellowing.
- Natural Aging – Just as aging causes natural changes in the body, it also occurs in the mouth. Even if you’ve maintained excellent oral care habits over the years, natural yellowing will occur.
This Patient Used Our Professional Whitening System to Whiten all of Their Teeth, and Also Had Two Veneers Placed on Their Two Front Teeth. The Whiter, Brighter Smile is Very Appealing Now!
Should I Consult a Dentist for Tooth Whitening Solutions?
Any type of dental service, which includes teeth whitening, should only be recommended by a qualified dental practitioner who has conducted a thorough mouth exam. Dr. Phillipe or Dr. Hauser will discuss the best course of treatment for teeth whitening or any problems it might cause, should there be any other dental issues.
Families have come to Lakefront Family Dentistry from all across Riverside County seeking professional whitening solutions to help return their youthful smiles. Our dentists will conduct a full assessment and determine whether this solution is most appropriate.
Tooth Whitening Should be Avoided if You:
- Are under age 13
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Have gum disease
- Are receiving orthodontic treatment
Home Whitening Solutions Offered at Lakefront Family Dentistry
Dr. Phillipe and our friendly staff work with families everyday to help educate them on proper oral care. We also deliver proven solutions that help bring back healthy, youthful smiles with truly professional whitening services.
What to Expect with Your Professional Whitening Services in Our Office
Be sure and schedule a thorough consultation with a qualified practitioner before committing to any permanent restorative option. Dr. Hauser and Dr. Phillipe are well known as the best cosmetic dentists in the Inland Empire. They have completed amazing transformations for many of our patients.
If you are a good candidate, Lakefront Family Dentistry offers a professional whitening solution, whereby we create custom fitted mouth trays used for delivering our safe, non-harmful bleaching agent. Once the mold is created and properly fitted, you will receive prescription strength gel that is placed in the upper and lower tray and left in the mouth twice a day for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Depending on stain severity, maximum results can be obtained in as little as 2 weeks.
We have an amazing, friendly staff waiting to serve your family’s needs. Unlike many clinic-style offices, we don’t have rotating dentists and our staff has worked directly with Dr. Hauser and Dr. Phillipe many years. We place high emphasis on creating a relaxing and stress-free patient experience for all who trust their care to us.
Find out how Lakefront Family Dentistry can help restore your smile and gain more confidence. Call us at (951) 244-9495 and schedule an appointment to discuss teeth whitening solutions, or make an appointment online with us today.