A Qualified Wildomar Dentist Can Help You Develop an Easy Home Oral-Care Plan
Lakefront Family Dentistry’s cosmetic dentist, Dr. Hauser, DDS, gives patients advice on preventative care and teeth cleaning.
For more than 20 years, Dr. Hauser has been treating patients in Riverside County, providing a range of services from bridges to deep cleaning and whitening to veneers. He specializes in preventative care, advanced dentistry treatments and cosmetic dentistry services for families and individuals. Contact Carla or Jodi at our office (951) 244-9495 or Make an Appointment Online Today!
Eroding Gum Line with Severe Plaque Buildup Causes Gingivitis and Periodontal Disease. Professional Treatment is Required.
Steps To Follow for Great Oral Health
WebMD lists the following steps to take for good oral health.
1. Understand your oral health needs. Talk with your licensed dental practitioner about any special conditions in your mouth and any way in which your medical conditions or health conditions could affect your teeth or oral health. Possible conditions include pregnancy, heart diseases, diabetes, dental appliances or cancer treatments.
2. Develop and follow a daily oral-health routine. After talking with your healthcare provider about what medical conditions you may have, develop an oral-health routine that is easy to follow on a daily basis. Make sure that you completely understand the additional care that is needed if you have a pre-existing medical condition.
3. Use fluoride. Both adults and children benefit from fluoride use. Fluoride prevents tooth decay and strengthens developing teeth. Certain toothpastes and mouth rinses contain fluoride.
4. Brush and floss daily. Brush your teeth twice every day for at least two minutes each time. Floss daily, preferably after every meal. Food left behind for many hours causes decay, which leads to cavities. The two minutes it takes to brush could save your oral health and pocketbook for years to come. Brushing and flossing removes plaque—if plaque is not removed, bacteria will grow and could cause a periodontal disease.
5. Eat a balanced diet. Eat fewer foods that contain sugars and starches. These foods produce acids in the mouth, which begin the decaying process. Brush your teeth after snacking or try chewing sugarless gum.
See Your Wildomar Dentist Regularly For Cleanings
Most dentists suggest that patients schedule an appointment every six months for a professional cleaning. Even if you’re taking good care of your teeth at home, it still is smart to see a professional to get rid of any plaque you may have missed.
During your appointment at Lakefront Family Dentistry, one of Dr. Hauser’s three highly skilled registered dental hygienists will perform a thorough cleaning to remove hard tartar deposits from the enamel and around the gum line. If the remaining plaque or tartar is not removed, the gums will eventually become inflamed, resulting in gum disease.
At Lakefront Family Dentistry, you can expect:
- Plush, state-of-the-art facility
- Same great dentist for every visit
- Same-day cosmetic treatments
- Friendly, knowledgeable staff
- Patient satisfaction guaranteed
Before and After Dental Cavities Replaced with White Tooth Filling
Dental Cleanings Reduce the Risk Of Heart Attack
According to USA Today, the American Heart Association found that teeth cleaning can reduce the risk of cardiovascular issues. The study followed more than 100,000 people without a history of heart problems or stroke for an average of 7 years. Those who had their teeth cleaned or scraped by a dentist or dental hygienist at least twice a year for 2 years had a 24 percent lower risk for heart attack and a 13 percent lower risk for stoke compared to those who never went to the dentist or who only went once in two years.
Purchase an Electric Toothbrush To Enhance Your Oral-Care Routine
Dr. Hauser recommends using the Sonicare brand. Sonicare is recommended by more dentists than any other toothbrush design. Its brushes have twice the whitening power and are proven to remove up to five times more plaque than a traditional brush. Dr. Hauser uses the DiamondClean Sonicare toothbrush.
During your time at Lakefront Family Dentistry, the staff may discuss benefits and features of the most recommended toothbrushes. Lakefront carries many of the popular Sonicare models for patient convenience.
Visit Our Highly Qualified Cosmetic Dentist, Dr. Derek B. Hauser, DDS, Today For a Consultation
For more than 20 years, patients have visited Dr. Hauser to transform their smiles into beautiful works of art.
Dr. Hauser regularly attends forums and speaks to dentists about the newest techniques. He enjoys being one of the top minds in his field—almost as much as he enjoys treating families at his private practice. If you’re looking for a dependable, experienced Wildomar dentist, contact Jodi or Carla at our office (951) 244-9495 or Make an Appointment Online Today!