Replace Metal Fillings For Long-Lasting, Attractive Results!
Tooth fillings, also known as dental fillings, are used to treat dental cavities or to repair teeth that have been cracked, broken, injured or simply succumbed to the ravages of time.
They can be composed of:
- Cast gold
- Silver amalgams
- Composite fillings
- Glass ionomer
Tooth fillings that have mercury in the amalgams are quite safe, as the levels of this metal are extremely low. However, many find mercury fillings to be unattractive and choose to have them replaced with tooth-colored composite.
Cosmetic Dentists Replace Metal Fillings
If you want to replace a metal filling or if your tooth fillings have become lose, Dr. Derek B. Hauser, DDS, of Lakefront Family Dentistry can help. With 10 years of experience in CEREC technology, Dr. Hauser is one of the top cosmetic dentists in the Inland Empire area.
CEREC, which stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics, is a state-of-the-art system that enables a cosmetic dentist to repair or construct tooth fillings, crowns, bridges and porcelain veneers in only one visit!
Using a special camera and computer technology, Dr. Hauser will take digital photographs of your teeth. Then, a computer will create a 3-dimensoinal model of your teeth and a milling device will design your crown or veneer, all while you sit comfortably.
Dr. Hauser has 20 years of experience as a family dentist. A large percent of his practice consists of families that have sought his award-winning services for many years.
If you have questions or would like to replace metal (amalgam) fillings, contact Lakefront Family Dentistry at (951) 244-9495 or Make an Appointment Online Today!
Cosmetic Reasons to Replace Metal Fillings
For nearly a century, dentists have used amalgams for tooth fillings; however, the rise of modern technology has enabled them to use different materials to construct fillings that are more aesthetically pleasing and more closely resemble a person’s natural tooth color.
Here are six reasons why many people decide to replace metal fillings with composite, ceramic and porcelain tooth fillings.
- They blend in with the tooth’s natural structure and often cannot be noticed.
- Unlike metal fillings, they do not react to temperature changes. This preserves the life of the filling.
- This type of filling tends to maintain its color rather than tarnishing like metal fillings.
- If a filling needs to be removed or a new one constructed, the procedure is simple because this type of filling require less of the natural tooth to be pared down, so it’s healthier for your teeth.
- This tooth filling actually bonds to the surface of the tooth, providing more protection.
- The flexibility of these fillings is outstanding. The materials can be used not only to fill cavities, but also to repair chipped, broken or worn teeth.
Types of Composite Fillings
There are several classifications for composite fillings, including:
- Composite resin or white fillings. Created from a mixture of plastic and glass, these tooth fillings augment the natural shape of the tooth and closely replicate a tooth’s natural color. Your filling will barely be noticeable by the naked eye. This is the chosen method of Dr. Hauser.
- Ceramic fillings. Normally, these tooth fillings are made from porcelain and are extremely resistant to staining. They will look just as natural years later as the day they are placed in your mouth.
- Glass ionomer. These fillings are produced from a certain type of acrylic and a special glass. They are most frequently used with children and in situations where the tooth is broken or cavity needs to be filled below the gum line.
Cosmetic Dentistry Has Become More Popular
Over the last 10 years, more and more people have opted for cosmetic dental treatments. With modern dental technology and techniques, it’s possible for everyone to have the smile of their dreams!
Cosmetic dentistry can boost your self-confidence, which can positively influence multiple facets of your life. From your relationship to your occupation, cosmetic treatments are long-term solutions that benefit your oral hygiene and make your smile straight, white and bright!
If you would like to replace metal fillings, repair an injured tooth or if you think you might need a new filling, consult Dr. Derek B. Hauser. He is a well-known cosmetic dental specialist in the Inland Empire area who receives many referrals from other dental practitioners and orthodontists.
With a decade of experience in CEREC technology, a patient-focused method of practice and an unrivaled dedication to his craft, Dr. Hauser, DDS, is the best selection for your cosmetic dentistry needs and tooth fillings. Contact Lakefront Family Dentistry at (951) 244-9495 or Make an Appointment Online Today!