A Quality Canyon Lake Dentist will Provide Regular Cleanings and Cosmetic Help
The two words “family dentist” means this dental professional possesses the necessary skill set to provide general care, such as cleanings, x-rays and fillings, as well as emergency and cosmetic care. Not only will adults receive quality care, but seniors and toddlers are welcome, too.
A good family dentist will make the process expedient for the entire family and will be conveniently accessible to all patients. Whether your family needs preventative care or regular maintenance, veneers or bridges, our family dentist always will be there to help.
Dr. Derek B. Hauser, DDS, is a Canyon Lake Dentist with 20 Years of Experience
With more than two decades of experience in the dental profession, Dr. Derek B. Hauser, DDS, performs regular dental exams, cleanings, fluoride treatments, x-rays and repairs cavities, but Dr. Hauser has additional skills that set him apart from others in the industry.
For 10 years, he has perfected the art of CEREC dentistry, which is a fast, effective form of cosmetic dentistry. CEREC, which stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics, is a rapidly developing field that allows for crown, veneer and bridge treatments to take place in only one visit!
In a close-knit community like Canyon Lake, Dr. Hauser is an unparalleled cosmetic dentist, here to satisfy and exceed your entire family’s expectations. Our office is located a mere 12.4 miles from the city.
Dr. Hauser is extremely proud that approximately 15-20 percent of his clientele consists of elderly patients that have been under his care since he first opened his practice. If you’re interested in finding out how Dr. Hauser can provide top-notch dental care as your family dentist in Canyon Lake, contact his office at (951) 244-9495 or Make an Appointment Online Today!
Preventative Dental Care Can Save Your Teeth
Preventative dental care involves employing the necessary dental hygiene regimen to ward off disease. This practice should commence at an early age, even before a child’s first birthday.
The family dentist you select should not only be proficient at his work but also make your toddler feel at ease while at an appointment. Dr. Hauser will educate your child during the process as to what techniques work best for personal, oral healthcare at home so they understand it well.
Here are important considerations when establishing an oral-health routine for children.
- Show them how to brush and floss.
- Make sure they receive all the necessary vitamins and nutrients.
- Provide access to regular fluoride treatments.
- Attend dental appointments two times each year.
- Closely watch their oral growth and how their teeth develop.
- Teach them how they can keep their teeth clean.
- Discuss with the dentist their propensity for developing cavities.
- Guard against any possible injury.
- Make sure they understand the long-term consequences of not keeping their teeth clean.
The impact of oral health often is not taken as seriously as it should be. Here are Some Reasons Why.
- Dental problems can impede eating, speaking, self-esteem and how you feel around others.
- Cavities can inhibit future growth.
- Preventative dentistry diminishes the cost of future dental care, as potential issues are addressed before they become major problems.
Preventative Dental Care for Adults
According to Healthline.com, 75 percent of adults have some sort of dental disease, so regular dental appointments are just as important for them as for their children. Preventative care is also essential for seniors, since they can be taught different ways to brush if they have dentures or dental implants from former tooth loss.
Certainly, regular cleanings are paramount for your dental health to remove bacteria. Another key role of a family dentist is to educate patients on how to best care for their teeth on a daily basis through brushing, flossing and possibly a mouth rinse.
Here are tips on how to perform these actions correctly.
- Use a soft toothbrush with round-ended bristles.
- The bristles should be placed along the gum line at a 45-degree angle.
- Focus on 2 or 3 teeth at a time with a soft forward-to-back motion.
- You should use an 18-inch section while flossing.
- Zig zag back and forth between each tooth, making sure to wrap the floss around each side.
- The floss should reach under the gum line.
- Each tooth should be accessed with a clean piece of floss.
A Quality Family Dentist Alleviates Future Dental Costs
Preventative care is essential not only to your future overall health but also in preventing unsightly tooth loss. Choosing a family dentist that provides exceptional service and establishes a comfortable rapport is an extremely important decision.
Dr. Derek B. Hauser, DDS, is the Canyon Lake dentist to satisfy all these needs, and our office is only a short commute from the Canyon Lake community. He graduated from USC in 1993 and served as a member of the faculty there for several years. He was also the recipient of the Fixed Prosthodontic Award and is trained in invisalign, laser dentistry and, of course, CEREC technology.
Remember, it’s never too late to begin preventative dentistry, and if you are shopping around for a Canyon Lake family dentist, Dr. Hauser is a top choice. He is a cosmetic dentist with a well-rounded case history and multiple repeat patients. For more information, contact our office at (951) 244-9495 or Make an Appointment Online Today!