How Cosmetic Dentists Change Lives One Smile at a Time
Have you ever felt that your smile is holding you back? If so, studies on the impact of an attractive smile reveal that this hunch is correct. A beautiful smile plays a vital role in everything from first impressions to success in love and work. One of the ways to improve and transform a smile in one to two days with a great cosmetic dentist is with CEREC veneers.
Consider these findings:
- Almost 1/3 of Americans say a person’s teeth is one of the first things they notice when meeting someone for the first time.
- An attractive smile can determine how someone does in a job interview. Candidates with beautiful smiles were viewed as being more professional and confident than candidates with discolored or crooked teeth—regardless of qualifications and experience.
- People with attractive smiles tend to be viewed more positively in dating situations.
Smile transformations can boost confidence and self-esteem. This results in more frequent smiling, which has many health and social benefits. Researchers found that smiling often:
- makes people more attractive and approachable.
- lifts a person’s mood and the mood of those around them.
- helps increase relaxation, relieve stress, lower blood pressure, release endorphins, and boost your immune system.
Fortunately for Inland Empire residents, two of the best cosmetic dentists are located at Lakefront Family Dentistry in Lake Elsinore. With 30 plus years of combined experience, Dr. Derek Hauser and Dr. Matthew Kanter can quickly transform the smiles of Riverside County residents with same-day CEREC veneers.
Smile Transformations In One Day
Transforming a smile in a single day is possible. Dr. Derek Hauser and Dr. Matthew Kanter have performed many before and after smile makeovers in one day that show a dramatic difference in tooth color, position, and appearance. These transformations can combine a variety of cosmetic dentistry techniques—from same-day veneers and crowns to teeth whitening.
After thoroughly evaluating a patient’s teeth, Dr. Hauser and Dr. Kanter will determine whether the patient is a candidate for crowns, veneers, or a combination of both. Lakefront Family Dentistry’s use of CEREC technology with their in-house lab milling equipment, all the work can be done in a single visit—without the need for temporary veneers, multiple visits, or sticky, messy tooth impression molds.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are a simple, long-lasting solution for correcting minor cosmetic issues, including:
- stained and/or discolored teeth
- chipped or broken teeth
- crooked teeth or teeth that contain large gaps
- improperly shaped teeth
In addition, porcelain veneers are a good alternative for people who are allergic to teeth whitening solutions, have teeth that are worn down from teeth grinding, or they need to replace old veneers.
Porcelain veneers are thin, durable, tooth-shaped blocks of medical-grade, ceramic porcelain that are custom made and then bonded to the front of a tooth. Veneers cover an otherwise healthy tooth but provide a more attractive appearance in color and shape. Because they are made from tooth-colored ceramic that will look best on a patient based on several factors, these veneers look very natural and blend in with a patient’s other teeth.
Both porcelain crowns and veneers can be designed, fabricated, and placed in a single day. Depending on each patient’s dental needs, the doctors will recommend the dental techniques that will best transform their smile.
Learn More About CEREC Veneers and Crowns at Lakefront Family Dentistry
Same-Day Veneers: What To Expect
Same-day veneers are ideal for people with busy schedules who want to minimize the time they spend at the dentist’s office. They are of the same quality as traditional veneers, but patients don’t have to:
- visit the dentist multiple times
- wear an ill-fitting, temporary dental veneer while waiting for the veneer to come back from the lab
- put their mouth in gooey and sticky impression material
Lakefront Family Dentistry uses CEREC technology to design and fabricate same-day veneers and is one of just a few private dental practices in the area that offers same-day restorative treatment options. Only 6% of practitioners nationwide are qualified and equipped to provide this advanced technology.
CEREC (Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics or CEramic REConstruction) uses advanced, digital dentistry technology and a milling machine to create custom-designed and fabricated porcelain veneers in minutes. Here is what to expect during the procedure.
- The doctor analyzes a patient’s smile and determines the optimum shade and shape for the veneer.
- An optical impression is taken of the tooth using the acquisition device—a high-quality camera connected to a medical grade computer. The result is a three-dimensional (3D) model of the tooth.
- Using 3D computer-assisted design (CAD) software, the doctor examines the tooth from every angle before designing and shaping the veneer.
- Once the custom restoration design is finished, the specifications are sent to the in-office milling machine. A ceramic block that best matches the tooth shade is then placed in the unit, and the milling device fabricates the veneer within minutes.
- The doctor then performs a “dry fit” to ensure comfort and ideal placement of the veneer.
- Once the optimum fit has been established, the doctor polishes and bonds the veneer to the tooth with a high-grade bonding agent that’s safe.
The length of the procedure depends on how many teeth are being treated and what other treatments are being done during a visit.
Caring for Veneers
With proper care, veneers can last up to 10 to 20 years. Patients should follow these guidelines to ensure their veneers stay in great shape.
- Brush and floss regularly to prevent tooth decay from forming underneath veneers. Good oral hygiene also helps patients avoid gum disease, which can compromise veneers. Using an ADA-approved electric toothbrush and proper flossing techniques are essential.
- Lakefront Family Dentistry in Lake Elsinore recommends the Sonicare Diamond Clean electric toothbrush.
- Schedule bi-annual regular dental cleanings with one of their registered dental hygienists.
- Avoid biting nails, chewing ice, or anything that puts excessive force on teeth, which may cause cracks or chips in natural teeth and veneers. If teeth grinding or clenching is an issue, talk with Dr. Hauser or Dr. Kanter before getting veneers. They can make a custom night guard to keep your new smile from being compromised.
- Although porcelain is highly stain-resistant, dental cement may still become discolored. To prevent this, avoid stain-producing foods and drinks such as tea, red wine, coffee, and tomato-based sauces. Minimize the impact by drinking with a straw or brushing teeth immediately after consumption.
- Avoid or stop smoking to ensure the brightest, healthiest smile possible.
Patients who are ready to transform their smile and reap all accompanying benefits should contact Lakefront Family Dentistry today so they can experience their new smile as quickly as possible. They’ll be in good company—over 3,000 patients voted Lakefront Family Dentistry the best dentist practice in the Inland Empire, located in Lake Elsinore, CA.
With 30 plus years of combined experience, Dr. Derek Hauser and Dr. Matthew Kanter are two of the best cosmetic dentists in the Inland Empire and are ready to transform your smile today! Please call (951) 244-9495 and schedule an appointment (or make an appointment online) to learn how you can achieve an amazing smile.