Learn the Truth About Root Canal Treatment
Pick the Right Dentist for Painless Treatment to Root Canals
There is a common misconception among people that causes high anxiety and fear of painful dental procedures. Recognizing this, the American Association of Endodontists (AAE) launches a Root Canal Awareness week campaign every year to help educate communities and dispel myths. A recent survey showed 63 percent of Americans are worried about needing this treatment.
The purpose of the AAE campaign is to raise awareness about the benefits of treatment. Advances in today’s technology allow dentists like Dr. Derek Hauser, DDS, to administer painless treatment to root canals.
How Does this Type of Oral Damage Happen?
Bacteria left in the mouth finds it way inside the tooth through a cavity or crack. Once inside, the infectious microorganisms can attack and damage the inner nerves.
If the nerve is not removed, it will be continually destroyed by the bacteria and the tooth will ultimately die. The purpose of this procedure is to remove the damaged nerve and prevent extraction. This saves your tooth and money.
Symptoms of Oral Trouble
- Red, swollen or irritated gums
- Throbbing mouth pain
- Recurring bad breath
- Increased sensitivity to hot and cold
- Change in tooth color
How Much Pain Should I Expect During This Procedure?
Getting this treatment is no more painful than getting a filling. Before the procedure, a numbing anesthetic will be applied to the area and you should be completely relaxed.
Things to Consider When Picking a Qualified Provider
Maintaining healthy teeth and gums is essential for good oral health. It’s extremely important to take the time to pick a practitioner that can meet all your needs, whether it’s standard preventive care, treatment to root canals or other advanced restorative treatment options. If seeking services for other household members, consider a family dentist that specializes in delivering wellness services for everyone, both young and old.
Dr. Hauser gets over 90% of his business through referrals. He’s an amazing family dentist whose seen kids grow up to be adults over the last 20 years, along with their parents!
When choosing between dentists, it’s important to select one you feel comfortable with. This chosen partner should be one that can be trusted to deliver uncompromising, quality care to the people you love most. At Lakefront Family Dentistry, we pride ourselves on having staff that have been with Dr. Hauser almost as long as he’s been in practice.
Things to Consider When Seeking an Excellent Provider
- Hours of Availability – We accommodate our patients and offer flexible hours.
- Commitment to Service Expectations – Does the medical office offer an inviting, relaxing environment? Take notice of how the staff interacts with their patients and whether they take the time to learn individual needs and answer all questions. Take a look at our virtual tour link at the top of this page and see how meticulously Dr. Hauser, DDS, has designed our new facility.
- Insurance coverage – When using insurance as the primary method of payment, select a doctor approved within their network. Out-of-pocket costs are much higher when seeking care outside the coverage of the network. Call to find out if we work with your PPO provider. Unfortunately, we do not take HMO insurance, but we do offer a cash discount to our patients without insurance.
- Advanced Restorative Options – Our office offers all the latest periodontal therapy and cosmetic restorative options. Any selected facility should be one that stays current on medical technological advances and ensures their patients have access to the most advanced, premium care available to them. We use CEREC to make your beautiful new teeth in-house, so you can get your teeth in just one visit!
Lakefront Family Dentistry is known for our convenient, quality services. We are one of the leading providers in the Inland Empire, offering the latest technology and most advanced equipment available today.
We look forward to becoming your partner in helping maintain excellent oral health. Please call (951) 244-9495 and schedule an appointment to meet with Dr. Hauser to be evaluated for root canal treatment, or make an appointment online with us today!