CROOKED TEETH? A QUALIFIED COSMETIC DENTIST HAS THE SOLUTION FOR YOU
A Murrieta Dentist Can Apply invisalign® To Straighten Teeth Without Metal Braces
Pretty, straight teeth is a sign that denotes more than just a beautiful smile—straight teeth signify overall good dental health.
Lakefront Family Dentistry’s cosmetic dentist, Dr. Derek B. Hauser, DDS, is proud to offer invisalign® therapy to align and straighten patients’ smiles. Contact Carla or Jodi at (951) 244-9495 or Make an Appointment Online Today!
Invisalign® Offers the Benefits of Metal Braces Without the Drawbacks
Clear and metal braces both work by applying constant pressure on the teeth. Over time, this pressure gradually moves the teeth into their proper positions, and the bone remodels itself to hold the new teeth in place.
Traditional metal braces consist of wires and brackets that are bonded to the tooth and are adjusted by a dentist or orthodontist to encourage realignment. Although metal braces are effective, they require a lot of maintenance and are not aesthetically pleasing.
Invisalign®, however, is virtually undetectable and does not require the maintenance of traditional metal braces. In addition, your self-esteem is greater using this dental braces technology because no one really notices you are wearing them. This is helpful for young adults, too.
Straight Teeth are Healthy as Well as Attractive
According to WebMD, dental professionals say there are health reasons for having a straight bite. Duane Anglin, DDS, told WebMD teeth that have a cross-bite and teeth that are misaligned can cause an increased chance of plaque and food buildup. This ultimately causes periodontal disease.
Improper bite also leads to gastrointestinal problems due to not being able to properly chew food.
Invisalign® is Effective, Clear and Convenient
Invisalign® is an “invisible” set of braces made with several custom-designed, clear plastic molds. The molds must stay in the mouth for at least 20 hours. It’s permissible to remove them while brushing, flossing or eating, and the next set of custom-made clear trays are replaced every two to three weeks as the teeth begin to straighten.
The Simple Steps of invisalign®
If you’re interested in invisalign®, here are a few steps that you can expect to take before and during treatment.
1. Choosing the right doctor: Make sure your provider is carefully chosen. You will be spending a lot of time with this dentist, and you’re relying on his expertise to produce long-lasting results. Dr. Hauser is a highly qualified dental practitioner who has gotten his patients extremely successful results using invisalign®.
2. Creating a three-dimensional (3-D) image of your teeth: Dr. Hauser will take x-rays, impressions and pictures of your teeth. Invisalign® software will then create a 3-D image of your mouth.
From these images, a precise treatment plan will be mapped out by Dr. Hauser, including the exact movements of your teeth. He will then be able to show you the transformation stages that your teeth will go through during the straightening process.
3. Applying your custom aligners: A series of custom-made, clear aligners will be created based on your individual treatment needs. The aligners are created from BPA-free plastic that will not irritate your gums or cheeks like traditional metal braces. Wear the aligners throughout the day, and take them off when you eat or brush and floss your teeth.
Invisalign® Offers Several Advantages Over Traditional Braces
Here are a few reasons to choose Invisalign® instead of metal braces.
Pros Of invisalign®
- No cutting edges
- Fewer orthodontist visits
- No rubber bands
- Younger patients are not made fun of by their peers
- Easily removable
- Proven to correct dental alignment
Cons of Metal Braces
- Require brackets and wires
- Wires irritate the mouth
- Brushing and flossing require more effort
- Food restrictions
- Can cause permanent staining of teeth after removal of braces
Straighter Teeth…Easy as 1, 2, 3 at Lakefront Family Dentistry
Lakefront Family Dentistry wants you to feel comfortable and confident. During your first visit, Dr. Hauser will use 3-D imaging and obtain X-rays and to create a digital impression of your teeth. He will then use these images to develop your invisalign® treatment.
You will receive several aligners in advance, so you will have less dental visits. Every two weeks, you will switch your aligners to help progress to the next level of straightening. It’s an extremely comfortable transition, unlike the tightening of wires and rubber bands that cause sores and bleeding in your mouth during each visit with metal braces.
Every six weeks, Dr. Hauser will check up on your progress and will make adjustments, if needed, at no extra charge. The entire process usually takes up to one year, but positive results can often be seen sooner. Each patient’s teeth and plan is different.
Visit a Qualified Cosmetic Dentist Today For a Consultation
Thousands of patients in Riverside County have trusted Dr. Hauser for two decades to produce bright, white and beautiful smiles. Since the University of Southern California awarded Dr. Hauser the Fixed Prosthodontic Award, he has toured the country, introducing dentists to the latest technology and strategies in cosmetic dentistry. If you’re located in the Inland Empire and are looking for a Murrieta dentist, contact Jodi or Carla at our office (951) 244-9495 or Make an Appointment Online Today!